Drainjoint permeable paving is easy to install and can be used with many different materials. Removing the need for pavers to carry nibs or extensions and avoiding the requirement for large, unsightly aggregate joints, the system preserves the beauty of the paving material.
With the ever-increasing urbanisation of the countryside and changes in rainfall patterns it has led to much higher volumes of surface water entering sewerage systems and water courses. This, in turn, has resulted in higher instances of flooding in city centres, greater expenditure on new sewerage systems and insurance companies increasing premiums on properties built in vulnerable areas.
Drainjoint allows for any material to be laid as a permeable paving system, be it natural stone, clay or concrete, and it can accommodate any paving size (not just those designed for a 6mm aggregate joint). The product is designed to be sustainable, cost-effective and easy to install.
No aggregate joints means no continuous maintenance or rattling of blocks. No rattling reduces the potential for surface failure and eradicates the need for expensive re-jointing.
Paving can be cleaned with a standard mechanical sweeper and, as Drainjoint is non-degradable and does not absorb water, there is no potential for freeze-thaw damage.
- Permeable infiltration joint
- Suitable for pedestrian and vehicular uses
- DEFRA compliant design service
- Paving can be laid to ‘no falls’
- For use on standard permeable sub-base with sand joints as per Interpave and BS EN standards
- Material comprises of Polypropylene and Polyethylene
- Worldwide patent on the material
- Available in 4mm or 8mm widths
- Placed in joints based on our advice
- Laid on a standard permeable paving sub base with sand joints
- 85% PP and 15% PE needle felt
- Infiltration rate of strip 1000x76x4mm is 416 ltr/sec/acre
- No additives like glue
- Service life: minimum 25 years
- Reusable when re-paving
- 10 years dirt simulation: permeability > standard
- Does not retain water therefore no frost damage
Traditional Permeable paving products:
- Only available in concrete or clay
- Only available in restricted sizes – 105mm x 210mm
- Frequent maintenance – replacement of aggregate in joints
- Be easy to implement
- Have little or no maintenance requirements
- Be a cost-effective solution
- Capacity of sewers can be reduced when developing new residential areas
- Costs of construction
- Maintenance costs
- No special maintenance is needed
- Drainjoint can be used with all kinds of paving materials and sizes
For further information on Hardscape’s permeable paving solutions and specifically Drainjoint – please contact Hardscape today on 01204 565 500 and ask for a member of our sales team to discuss the options with you.