King’s Cross Square CPD and site tour
An estimated 150,000 people a day go through Kings Cross Station and on Monday 27th March 2017, Hardscape, together with Landscape architects’ Stanton Williams, had the opportunity to share their involvement of the design and materials supply of the entrance plaza to the station at a Landscape Institute CPD event at Friends House, Euston Road, London.
The event was attended by many professionals in the landscape design fraternity, Hardscape were proud to present their participation in a formal and friendly presentation, followed by a walking tour around the famous landmark highlighting the specific materials supplied in paving, benches and the plinths within the two rotunda’s at the front of the station.
An introduction to the scheme and the guided walking tour of the area provided:
- An insight into the thinking behind the design of the square
- An understanding of the reasons behind the selection of specific materials for the paving including Crystal Black and SPI granite
- Exclusive insights into the creative processes behind the bespoke benches
- Examples of how complex logistical and technical requirements were overcome with innovative solutions
- Best practice tips for paving materials and solutions for modern public realm schemes